Friday, December 21, 2012

Expensive

Doing lab work actually is more relax than attend classes. I though so. But one thing that could give me headache is the chemical reagent used for the research. Like mine, I will be using an enzyme to synthesis not only the starting material but also the final products. In other words, for overall synthesis. Just find the price list of that enzyme on-line  Based on Sigma Aldrich (chemical supplier), it would cost me RM 894 just for 10g. Based on previous research that I'v been read, 1g of that enzyme only produce roughly about 0.1g of my starting material. For sure I need more enzyme to synthesis my starting material. But it would cost me more. I'm afraid that the faculty could not give much financial support for my research since I'm not the only one doing research.

No comments: